Another week, another weekly vlog…another chance to spend some “virtual” time with you!! I know I say this every week or so, but I truly look forward to sharing this extra time with you all each week! Wouldn’t it be fun if we could do it for real? If you haven’t had a chance to watch this week’s vlog, please do! For a breakdown of all the makeup, clothes, accessories, recipes, places we go, stuff I buy, open the “Show More” part of the video to get the full list.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK
- As you can see by the picture above, peony season is here and our local Trader Joe’s had the most amazing selection! I don’t know if they’re still available, but if you’re anywhere near a Trader Joe’s, give them a call and find out!
- I got to try a few new recipes that Michael and I loved, but the kids weren’t too keen on a few of them. Making dinner is just one of those unavoidable daily chores, and I think it’s fun to try to mix things up a bit with new recipes. Here are the ones I tried:
- We went to the annual Football Spring Scrimmage, which is the culmination of Spring Football at the high school. It’s always a lot of fun because we’ve had a few months off from football so we get to see friends we haven’t seen in awhile, and it’s sort of the unofficial start of summer. This year was the first year in my memory that I didn’t sweat through the game-the temperatures were an unseasonably cool 68-72 degrees! Had to enjoy that while I could-we’re already at 90+ degrees with high humidity!
- We started on some little home fixer uppers around the house. We touched up some paint on our kitchen cabinets and trim, and discovered this cool Paint Sample Kit from Lowe’s that I can’t recommend enough. Michael also attempted to put an epoxy finish with speckles on the garage floor. **Spoiler Alert** It’s a week later, and the paint still hasn’t dried. This was a DIY Failure!! Stay tuned to find out how we go about fixing it!
- We ended the week with the boys attending the last Sunday School of the year, and the last Sunday School ever for Jake. At our synagogue, children attend Sunday School from preschool through 10th grade, when they are confirmed. Adults do not attend Sunday School. Once a child starts high school, they can also be a teacher’s aide for part of the morning in a younger Sunday School class. After they are confirmed, they can stay on as a teacher’s aide for the full morning. Sunday School is 3 hours!! This vlog marked Jake’s last day as a Sunday School teacher’s aide, and it was a bittersweet moment for the family. There was an all-school assembly to mark the occasion as the kids were recognized for their service and the graduating seniors were blessed by the rabbi. I am so grateful to be able to share this moment with you all!
Just some reminders:
- I have my own private sale page on BaubleBar!! This page is a permanent page that offers readers/viewers 15% off the already lowered sale prices. Just remember to use the code MSGOLDGIRL15 at checkout to get the additional discount!
- Starting June 1st, my video upload schedule will switch to my “summer schedule”. This means that the Weekly Vlogs will still go live Sundays at Noon Central Time. “Content” videos will go live on Tuesdays and Fridays at 6 am Central Time. Any sponsored videos or spontaneous extra videos will go up on any other day, so as not to interfere with our regularly scheduled time together.